In Indian cuisine, dhania chutney (coriander chutney) is a must-have condiment. Cilantro chutney, which is gluten-free and vegan, is the perfect accompaniment to Indian Snacks or any other type of food, such as veg patties, burgers, or fries.
What is Coriander chutney?
The cilantro chutney you make with this recipe might just become a family favorite! You may serve this coriander chutney on toasts, bread, or finger foods whenever you need a fast snack or appetizer. You don’t need any hard-to-find items like coconut, peanuts, or yogurt to make this dish. Adding mint leaves is unnecessary.
The chutney is seasoned with roasted ground cumin. Even if you don’t have roasted cumin powder or ground cumin, you can still make this dish. Leave it out or ground up some cumin seeds to a powder with a spice grinder.
For Idli, Dosa, or Medu Vada, you can use this coriander chutney for the traditional coconut chutney. As a dip for dosas, idlis, and sandwiches, it’s an excellent accompaniment to many South Indian dishes.
How to make Coriander chutney step by step?
I’m going to walk you through the process of preparing coriander chutney for your family right here. You may cook this dish at home if you follow our instructions.
- Cilantro leaves, finely cut and tightly packed
- As many as two to three green chiles, diced
- One minced ginger or 1-inch piece of ginger.
- 1 tsp. toasted cumin powder or ground cumin
- One tablespoon of lemon juice
- A pinch or two of black salt
- Table salt, pink salt, or sea salt
- One-fourth of a teaspoon of chaat spice
- Tablespoons to Two Tablespoons
- Add the chopped coriander, ginger, and green chilies to a food processor or blender.
- A spicy green chutney can be made using just two teaspoons of the spice mix. Chopped green chilies can be used if you or any member of your family cannot eat spicy meals.
- Mix with a few dashes of lemon juice and a few dashes of roasted cumin powder (or ground cumin) if necessary. Chaat masala can be added at this point if you have it on hand.
- Make a smooth paste by combining all the ingredients in a blender or food processor. Add extra salt or lemon juice to the chutney if necessary.
- Refrigerate the cilantro chutney in an airtight jar or bowl.
- Anytime you need some chutney, make some. Pakoras, sandwiches, samosas, burgers, idlis, dosas, dhoklas, diabetes, bhel puris, sev puris, and other chaat foods go well with it.
Advantages of coriander:
- Antioxidants that help to strengthen the immune system. It may be possible to reduce blood sugar levels.
- This may be beneficial to heart health.
- It is possible to maintain brain health.
- It has the potential to improve digestion and intestinal health.
- It has the potential to fight infections.
- It has the potential to protect your skin.
- It is simple to incorporate into your diet.
Is coriander chutney a nutritious dish?
Chutney with Coriander Leaves:
Coriander leaves are an excellent cure for digestive function. They are high in Vitamin C, and Vitamin K. Those who have diabetes will benefit from consuming these nutrients. It can boost insulin secretion while simultaneously lowering blood glucose levels.
Is dhaniya pudina chutney a nutritious dish?
The health advantages of coriander leaves are numerous. Coriander is beneficial in lowering blood sugar levels. Because coriander leaves can increase insulin secretion, they are believed to be suitable for patients with diabetes because they can lower blood sugar levels as a result of this.
Is chutney beneficial for digestion?
Increases the efficiency of digestion. The chutney made from coriander leaves can be used to treat digestive issues. Chutney produced from coriander leaves is high in vitamins and nutrients, which can assist in easing bloating and pain while also increasing one’s appetite in some cases.
Is chutney a good source of probiotics?
According to Luke, when chutneys or pickles are adequately prepared and consumed in the proper quantities, they can be immensely beneficial to one’s health. Chutneys and spots are not only delicious, but they also contain probiotics that are beneficial to the body.