I don’t know how many of you like Masala Dosa, But I must say this south indian Masala Dosa Recipe will definitely make you happy, that I can guaranty. If anyone not yet tasted, then please try it now.
- 3 cups sona masuri rice
- tsp Fenugreek / Fenugreek seeds
- water for soaking
- 1 cup urad dal
- 2 tbsp toor dal
- 2 tbsp chana dal
- 1 cup Poha / Avalakki washed
- For Aloo Bhaji:
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp urad dal
- 1 tsp chana dal
- 1 dry red chili
- some curry leaves
- pinch asafoetida
- 2 chilies finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger finely chopped
- 1 onion chopped 1 tsp turmeric
- tsp salt 3 boiled and mashed potatoes
- 2 tbsp green coriander finely chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
Instructions for the Batter:
- First of all, take 3 cups sona masuri rice and 1/2 tsp fenugreek in a big vessel.
- 2. Wash thoroughly and soak in enough water for 4 hours.
- In another bowl take 1 cup urad dal, 2 tbsp toor dal and 2 tbsp chana dal.
- Wash thoroughly and soak in enough water for 2 hours.
- After soaking the lentils for 2 hours, drain the water and put them in the grinder. If you do not have a grinder, you can also grind it in a mixer.
- Add water as required and blend to make a smooth paste.
- Scrap sides. After 40 minutes smooth and fluffy batter will be ready.
- Take out the batter in a big vessel and keep it aside.
- In the same grinder add soaked rice and 1 cup washed poha.
- Slowly add water and scrape off the edges. Mix into a thick paste.
- Pour the rice batter into the same urad dal batter.
- Mix well making sure everything is well mixed.
- Ferment in a warm place for at least 8 hours or till the quantity of the batter is doubled. If you live in a cold climate, you can place the batter in a hot oven (heat the oven until it’s slightly warm and then turn it off) to ferment.
- Once the batter is well fermented, mix gently without spoiling the air pockets.
- Pour 4 cups fermented batter into a small bowl and add 1 tsp salt.
- Mix well till the salt is well combined. Masala dosa batter is ready. put aside
Process of Aloo Chokha:
- First heat 2 tbsp oil in a large pan and add 1 tsp mustard, 1 tsp urad dal, 1 tsp chana dal, 1 dry red chilli, few curry leaves, a pinch of asafoetida.
- Now add 2 chillies and 1 inch ginger. Fry well.
- Also, add 1 onion and saute till the onion shrinks slightly.
- Next, add tsp turmeric and 1 tsp salt. Fry well.
- Now add 3 potatoes and mix well, mash a little to make sure everything is mixed well.
- Switch off the gas and add 2 tbsp green coriander and 2 tbsp lemon juice.
- Mix well and aloo bhaji for masala dosa is ready. put aside
Masala Dosa Recipe Preparation:
1. First put a spoonful of batter on a hot pan.
2. Make crispy dosa and spread it as thin as possible.
3. Take 1 tsp butter and spread it evenly.
4. Apart from this, keep 2 tbsp prepared aloo masala in the center.
5. Fry the dosa till it becomes golden brown and crispy.
6. Scrape the edges of the dosa and roll it
7. finally, masala dosa recipe is ready to be served with coconut chutney and sambar
Nutrition Calorie: 40 kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1 g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 81mg | Potassium: 20mg | Fiber: 2G | Sugar: 1 g | Vitamin A: 36IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 1mg